I’m pretty stoked right now because my seeds are sprouting! I know these plants might not make it because I planted them too early, but I’m very happy to see green in my house!
I’m two weeks away from starting seeds using phase two which will be newspaper pots. I’m really looking forward to that.
I thought I’d give a rundown of what I’m going to be planting, and I would love your comments and ideas on where I should plant the different plants. I don’t know nearly enough about guilds so I guess this year is going to be a watch and learn year so I see what does well beside one another. I will also be staggering where the plants are and what they’re next to.
I would also love your tips on when to plant them (or if I just plant them all together) if you have any experience with that.
the list of plants (all organic)
- Rainbow Chard – Neon Glow
- Italian Heirloom Kale – Lacinato
- Jewel – Toned Beets – Red, Gold and Candystripe
- Rainbow Radishes – Easter Egg II
- Tricolor Carrots – Circus Circus
- Royal Burgundy Beans
- Heirloom Pole Beans – Rattlesnake and Purple Pole
- Ornamental Sunflowers – Sun Samba
- Dill – Just Dill
- Snap Peas
- Exhibition Sweet Peas – Blue Celeste
- Dark Green Zucchini
- Italian Pesto Basil
- Orange Cherry Tomatoes
- Parsley – Moss Curled
- Red Calabash Tomato
- Purple Tomatillo
- Brandywine Tomato
- Heirloom Flowering Vines – Cathedral Bells
- Lettus Outredgeous – Lactuca Sativa
- Arugula – Eruca Sativa
- Carrot Royal Chantenay – Daucus Carota Sativus
- Happy Bee Blend -Buckwheat, Phacelia, Dragon’s Head and Dill
I would have to say I’m most looking forward to the tomatoes, beans, peas and herbs. I’m also going to try and talk my dad into letting me build a herb spiral too!
Please leave me any questions, comments and ideas.
Thanks for reading.